As you may or may not have noticed, I'm not Towney007 / Hunter Golden. Jason Namako & I will be taking over the day-to-day operations of MOTY, here on the boards. I'll be counting the votes, while Jason will be continuing to provide match links for all the nominated matches, in the VIP Section of these forums (non-VIPs have to ask nicely for links). But let's not waste any more time; IT'S TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!!!
The rules are simple (even simpler than last year). If you see a match you think is something special, anywhere in the wrestling world, you come in here and NOMINATE it.
Example wrote:NOMINATE: Jesus vs. Lionel Messi
Great offense by Messi; they gave him the ball, and man did he run with it. He had some brilliant strikes, especially some kicks that were absolutely money. Jesus sold it like a champ, too. It looked like he was being tortured in there. The babyface comeback is something that I'm sure we'll be talking about for a long time, as something truly memorable. Here's hoping we get a rematch. I'd love to see a second coming of this bad boy, even if I have to wait until the end of the world to see it.
Next up is where things change up a little bit, to eliminate some confusion. Once a match is nominated, everyone can vote YES or NO on it, depending on whether they think it's worthy of being on the final ballot, at the end of the year. Unlike previous years, matches don't have to be Seconded before they're open for voting. As soon as it's nominated, have at her.
The scoring is simple. Every Yes vote gives a match a +1. Every No vote gives it a -1. At the end of the year, we'll figure out what the cut-off line will be, and anything above that line will be on the Final Ballot, which is opened up to the entire Wrestleview readership. As well, the original nomination counts as a Yes vote, so every match will start at a +1.
As a reference point, the cut-offs in 2011 were +5 for WWE matches, and +3 for non-WWE matches. Depending on how many people are active in the project, those numbers could be different this year.
- We use the honour system ("honor" for you Americans), so please vote only ONCE on each match. Allah will smite you if you cheat.
- Please, PLEASE, PLEASE include the DATE of the match you're voting on. If I don't know what match you're talking about (or am too lazy to go looking for it), then I'm not going to count your vote. Only I'm allowed to be lazy.
- You ARE allowed to change your vote on a match, down the line. If you do, please make sure that you make it PERFECTLY CLEAR that you're changing an old vote.
- The Grash Rule: Nominations & votes can have as much or as little of an explanation as you care to write. Write a novel, or just state your vote. It's all gravy.
- Include the f'n DATE, when you place your votes.
That's all I can think of. If you don't got it, get it. If you don't get it, figure it out.